- I designed a new planner template for January. Although I liked my other design, it didn’t represent January well enough for my liking. I made a few tweaks to the forms, but changed the topper and fonts. I looked at pictures of winter landscapes for inspiration. The new design has calm, light blue colors with a slight brushed texture (that I created in Photoshop). I also used a smaller sized brush to make sporadic white dots and created a rough, wavy edge to make it look like accumulated snow.
- The reading for my anthropology class today — insights to what living as a prostitute is like — was an interesting read. I used to love reading biographies when I was in elementar school (e.g. Hellen Keller, Betsy Ross, Anne Frank). The reading inspired me to pick this up again.
- I remembered to bring my umbrella to class today. I usually forget.
Posted by TD(esign)R on January 17, 2012
- I received Grandma Jane’s rocking recliner today. She and Grandpa Bob (who died a couple months ago) bought it a little more than a year before Grandma Jane died. It still smells like their house.
- My parents came to visit my brother and me.
- We ate out at Teppanyaki and leisurely chatted for a couple hours there.
- Afterwards, we spent the evening relaxing in my apartment. Although my dad was watching football, I enjoyed their company. Although I detest sports, the background news of a sports game comforts me because it reminds me of times spent with family.
- Being a college student, I didn’t have anything to fix for supper, but I was able to make coffee for my mom and I (Dad declined). I even swirled whip cream over it (my favorite thing I learned from working at McDonald’s for four years). I love playing happy hostess.
- I lit my Yankee Candle candles, one of which was Danish Buttercream Cookies (which — to date — is my favorite Yankee Candle scent EVER). Every time the heat turns on, it wafts the scent through my entire apartment and smells deliciously spicy for a week each time I come home .
Posted by TD(esign)R on January 14, 2012
- It’s raining, but I made it to class without feeling like a wet dog.
- I felt like an overachiever since I was the only student who looked at Blackboard prior to class. #browniepoints
Posted by TD(esign)R on January 11, 2012